Starfield Centre Fundamentals
Starfield Centre is a new greenhouse system that grows pure, healthy, nutrient-dense vegetables. We power our greenhouse units with a combination solar, wind, and biomass power that produces heat and electricity from renewable fuels. This energy independence helps to control our production costs and keeps our produce competitive. This creates a new, unique and profitable business with outstanding returns.
Clean and Sterile
Our produce, vegetables and herbs are grown in the optimum medium for each plant, always striving for the cleanest, purest conditions possible in environmentally controlled greenhouses.
- The design of the greenhouses and growing techniques are optimized to create an environment that reduces harmful bacteria and pathogens and making a health environment for our plants.
- Our uniquely designed Biocide lights purify and sterilize the air by removing harmful, bacteria, molds, fungi and other airborne pathogens.
- Irrigation water is filtered and sterilized, then pure nutrients and minerals are introduced.
- This creates an environment that not only maximizes the health of the plants we grow but also for the employees who work in our structures.
Some of the technique and growing media we will use are:
- Composite Growth Medium (CGM): Our "soil-less" medium is a mixture of perlite, vermiculite, peat moss and other proprietary ingredients. It is designed to provide an abundance of air to the roots of the vegetables.
- Hydroponics: The method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions, in water, without soil.
- Aeroponics: The process of growing plants in an air or mist environment without the use of soil or other aggregate media. Nutrients are added to the water which allows the plants to absorb the minerals needed for maximum health and growth.
Healthy and Nutritious
Starfield Centre's are committed to producing extremely nutritious vegetables. The benefits of consuming nutritious foods can not be under estimated. These are some of processes and why:
Crops are grown with 43 minerals. The regular food chain now has only about 6 minerals
- They contain Omega 3 nutrients, antioxidants, flavonoids, vitamins, and enzymes.
- Plant foods with a complete compliment of minerals slow aging, are vital for cardiovascular health, and build strong immune systems.
- Strong immune systems are known to prevent cancers and infectious diseases.
- Fresh pure food, combined with regular exercise is required every day for good health and a maximum lifespan.
- We use no manure fertilizers that can contain harmful bacteria (ex. E. coli, Salmonella), hormones, heavy metals (lead and mercury) and pesticides.
- Note: E. coli, Listeria, and Salmonella bacteria are now routinely found in imported bagged spinach and salads, green onions, and fruits and vegetable. This has put the spotlight on U.S., Mexican, Central American and Chinese produce suppliers’ ability to grow safe food. ‘Organic’ growing standards do not prevent E. coli, and Salmonella contamination in traditional, and organic dirt farming. These organisms are found in manure fertilizers and untreated irrigation water. They enter plants through the roots and embed themselves in plant tissues, therefore they can’t be washed off.
- Our produce is dark green, fresh, and flavor rich.
Year Round Crops
Because our greenhouses are climate controlled, crops are grown and processed year round which means greater value to the communities we serve:
- Winter production is equal to or better than summer production.
- Our produce is always in season.
- We can supply our own fresh produce with year round production and therefore be self-reliant.
- Jobs are year round and this eliminates the troubles of seasonal employment
Sustainable and Energy Efficient Operations
Starfield Centres are committed to finding the most sustainable and energy efficient methods of producing our produce and the most considerate treatment of the lands surrounding our facilities.
- Pollution and land degradation is zero.
- A facility can operate indefinitely with no harm to the environment because we do not rely on non-sustainable resources such as topsoil, or non-renewable energy from fossil fuels.
- Lower amounts of fresh water are used for irrigation, for example we use only 5% of the water used in arid field agriculture.
- We purify water to a drinkable irrigation base from sources such as: rain catchment, lakes, rivers, oceans, lagoons, 'grey' effluent, irrigation districts and ground sources.
- We use renewable passive and active energy sources including solar (PV), solar heat, and other technologies, to provide greenhouse heating, cooling, processing water and running the greenhouses.
- Solar electric and passive energy is collected and used for heat and supplemental lighting.
- We can operate equally well in cold and hot climates.
- Starfield Centres operate ‘carbon neutral’.
Eager Consumer Markets
Produce Wholesalers and retailers are eager for fresh locally grown crops because their customers and demanding better quality produce. Current local suppliers can not keep up with the demand and people are recognizing that imported produce is not providing the quality they desire.
- Our market is everyone who wants a long, healthy, disease free lifestyle.
- Our pure salad vegetables are part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Locations of greenhouses will be local, and next to or within communities.
- Climate controlled greenhouses mean external climate and land are not concerns.
- Imports are replaced.
- Sales are through local markets and distributors for rapid and secure cash flow.
- Transport costs are minimized.
A Competitive Business that makes for a Profitable Investment
Our highly advanced growing procedure and applied sciences allow us to market our produce at extremely competitive process while delivering maximum quality and freshness.
- We grow about 12 -18 crops per year under controlled conditions, compared to 1 or 2 field crops per year grown in uncontrolled conditions.
- Our salad vegetables are the best in the business when it comes to color, taste, crunch, and flavor.
- Comparable or lower priced than field produce
- Shelf life for unrefrigerated produce is 2 weeks+ with wet roots intact.
- Our orchard fruits (nectarines, apricots, and cherries) can be harvested twice a year.
- Our soft fruits (raspberries, blueberries, gooseberries, red currants) can be harvested over a 9 month period per year.
- Purpose built greenhouses can be designed to grown extra high value crops for convenience foods, health supplements and nutraceuticals can greatly enhance profit margins
All this means that Starfield Centres are an extremely lucrative investment vehicle, where your investment dollar provides more than purely monetary returns, the benefits extend throughout the community providing quality jobs, education and improving the overall health of the population through nutritious foods.